Many jurisdictions require food or alcohol safety training and certification as part of the requirements for operating any business dealing with food or alcohol. These facilities may include restaurants, grocery stores, convenience stores, and food wholesalers.
The Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) safety training program have been designed for individuals working in a food facility to increase awareness of food safety hazards, learn how to control those hazards, and understand personal hygiene, handling food safely, the flow of food through a facility, and the basics of pest control. This course enhances the participant’s knowledge and understanding, thus promoting the practice of food safety and protection.
This course is fully accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and is based on the latest Food and Drug Administration (FDA) food code.
Who Should Attend
• Food Managers, Supervisors and Handlers at restaurants, hotels, food stores and any food handling establishment
• Production Managers and Quality Managers at Pharmaceutical Plants or Food Plants
• Trainers and food safety professionals
• Persons in charge at food establishments
• Professional Industrial Hygienist
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Identify national and international food safety regulations.
• Describe the importance of food safety.
• Explain the causes and consequences of food borne illness.
• Describe how to handle food safely, from receiving through service.
• Identify proper methods of personal hygiene when working with food.
• Describe how food can be contaminated and how to prevent contamination.
• Explain cleaning and sanitizing.
• Describe pest control.
• Coordinate training and take corrective actions to protect health and safety of clients.
• Implement establishment's food safety handling policies and procedures.
The following topics will be presented in the course:
• Managing Food Safety and Training
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Delivering Training
• Biological Contamination
- Parasites and Fungi
- Other Biological Contaminants
• Other Sources of Contamination
- Chemical Contamination
- Physical Contaminants
- Intentional Contaminants
- Food Allergens as Contaminants
• Handling Food Safely
- The Food Handler
- Employee Health
- Hand Washing
- Personal Hygiene of Employee
• From Purchase to Service
- Potentially Hazardous Foods
- Purchase and Delivery
- Food Preparation
- Cooking and Reheating
• Facilities and Equipment
- Facility Design
- Guidelines and Maintenance
• Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Cleaning vs. Sanitizing
- Cleaning Agents
- The Sink
- Cleaning in Place
- Hazardous Materials
- Designing a cleaning program
• Pest Control
- Integrated Pest Management
- Identifying Pests
- Pest Control
• Legal Requirements
- Government Food Safety Regulations
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but attending the following course is recommended:
• “Industrial Hygiene” course.
The course should be delivered in 4-5 days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
The ANSI – USA Certified Professional Food Manager training course is assessed by a written exam on the last day of the course.
• The exam is received from Prometric - USA and is always sent back to them for assessment.
• The exam duration is 2 hours and consists of 80 multiple choice questions, closed book.
• Participants must receive a 70% or higher score on the course assessment in order to be eligible for a PROMETRIC Program Certificate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the following:
• ANSI - USA Certified Professional Food Manager International Certificate and Wallet Completion Card from Prometric - USA, approved and accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) – USA.
• Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt or EHS Training Centre, UAE as applicable.
There is a re-certification for this course certificate once every 5 years. The certification should be refreshed before its expiration date.
* Specific fee is required for the re-certification.
Online: Register Online & Confirm Your Seat Now! (Valid for UAE and Middle East Courses)
Phone: UAE +971509709870 Egypt +201223936397
View Course schedule and Apply Now!
• The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) can be conducted in English or Arabic based on the trainees’ desires.
• Closing of Registration is 2 weeks prior to the course start date.
• Course fees cover Course Materials, Course Certificate, Coffee Breaks and Lunch. (Lunch available only in certain Venues)
• In-House training for this course is available upon request and can be customized as per client’s needs.
• EHS can assist and provide corporate rates for the hotel accommodation if required.