This course is designed for the personnel who work in the petroleum drilling fields to manage operational risks effectively.
The importance of effective safety and occupational health training in the petroleum industry is highlighted by extensively reported examples of major process safety incidents that occurred over many locations and countries.
Who should attend
• Safety & Health, Operations, Maintenance and Process Managers
• All supervisors and Line Management
• All Fire Fighting Personnel
• Engineers in all disciplines.
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Explain the hazards inherent in petroleum industry arising from the extraction and drilling, separation and storage processes.
• Discuss the safety and occupational Health precaution measures needed for the Oil and Gas Industry in particular during the drilling operations.
• Describe the fire protection systems used in the petroleum Industry (Water Cooling, Foam Systems, etc).
• Explain the role of the Process Hazards Analysis in the Oil and Gas Industry (HAZOP Technique).
The following topics will be presented in the course:
• History of oil and gas industry, its origin, structure, and key terminologies.
• Drilling and Extracting of oil and gas.
• Potential hazards (Fire, Explosion and Release of Toxic Substances), inherent in oil and gas industry (Drilling).
• Process Safety Management (PSM), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), HAZOP Studies during the drilling operations.
• Permit to Work Systems (PTW).
• Confined Space Entry.
• Hydrogen Sulfide Safety for Oil & Gas, Gas Monitoring Apparatus, Respiratory Protection.
• Hazardous Classified Locations (Hazardous Areas), Installation and Inspection of Electrical Equipment at the Hazardous Areas.
• Welding and Cutting, Welding Under Water, Hot Tapping and Inspection of welding by Radiography.
• Oil and Gas Fire Fighting Facilities, Automatic Foam Systems, Cooling Systems, Bund Walls, etc.
• Emergency Management - Oil and Gas Industry.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but attending the following courses is recommended:
• “OSHA General Industry Safety & Health Training” course. Read more…
The course should be delivered in 4-5 days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
The NASP/IASP – USA Petroleum Safety & Health training course is assessed by an assessment on the last day of the course. Participants must receive a 70% score on the course assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the following:
• NASP/IASP - USA 30-Hour Petroleum Safety & Health Training (Drilling) International Certificate and Wallet Completion Card.
• Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt or EHS Training Centre, UAE as applicable.
There is a re-certification (refresher training) for this course certificate once every 3 years. The certification should be refreshed before its expiration date.
* Specific fee is required for the re-certification.
Online: Register Online & Confirm Your Seat Now! (Valid for UAE and Middle East Courses)
Phone: UAE +971509709870 Egypt +201223936397
View Course Schedule and Apply Now!
• The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) can be conducted in English or Arabic based on the trainees’ desires.
• Closing of Registration is 1 week prior to the course start date.
• Course fees cover Course Materials, Course Certificate, Coffee Breaks and Lunch. (Lunch available only in certain Venues)
• In-House training for this course is available upon request and can be customized as per client’s needs.
• EHS can assist and provide corporate rates for the hotel accommodation if required.