The General Industry Safety & Health training presents an introduction to Occupational Safety and Health policies, procedures and standards as well as general industry safety and health principles covered in OSHA Act Part 1910. Special emphasis will be placed on areas most hazardous using OSHA standards as a guide.
* Continuing Education Units (CEU): The General Industry Safety & Health training course will qualify for 3 CEUs as part of a professional development program. These points can help students who are going to do Master Degrees or PHD Degrees in Occupational Safety & Health as the hours will be deducted or waived from the required credit hours for the study.
Who should attend
• All Safety Professionals (Supervisors, Officers and Inspectors).
• Supervisors with safety and health responsibilities.
• Safety Directors and Managers.
• Project Engineers and all other engineering disciplines.
• Operations and Maintenance Supervisors and Foremen.
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• State the purpose of the OSH Act and list the functions of OSHA.
• List the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process.
• Describe the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act.
• Define the basic requirements for proper aisle and passageway maintenance.
• Describe the guidelines for identification and protection of floor openings.
• Understand the importance of effective Egress fire protection program.
• Know the safe means of Egress to provide fire protection in emergencies from new or old buildings or structures.
• Outline the machine safeguarding methods.
• Define the Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene.
• Outline the general requirements for general safety standards.
• Establish the guidelines and requirements for special purpose equipment.
The following topics will be presented in the course:
• Introduction to OSHA and Safety Regulations
• Walking and Working Surfaces
• Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire
• Electrical Safety
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Hazard Communication
• Materials Handling
• Powered Industrial Trucks
• Hazardous Materials (Flammable & Combustible)
• Permit Required Confined Space
• Lock-Out & Tag-Out
• Machine Guarding
• Welding & Cutting
• Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
• Bloodborne Pathogens
• Fall Protection
• Safety & Health Programs
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but attending the following course is recommended:
• “Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health” course.
The course should be delivered within 3-5 days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
The General Industry Safety & Health Training course is assessed by a multiple-choice open book assessment on the last day of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the following:
• OSHACADEMY - USA General Industry Safety & Health International Certificate and Wallet Completion Card.
• Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt or EHS Training Centre, UAE as applicable.
There is no re-certification for this course certificate as it does not have an Expiration Date.
Online: Register Online & Confirm Your Seat Now! (Valid for UAE and Middle East Courses)
Phone: UAE +971509709870 Egypt +201223936397
View Course Schedule and Apply Now!
• The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) can be conducted in English or Arabic based on the trainees’ desires.
• Closing of Registration is 1 week prior to the course date.
• Course fees cover Course Materials, Course Certificate and Coffee Breaks.
• In-House training for this course is available upon request and can be customized as per client’s needs.
• EHS can assist and provide corporate rates for the hotel accommodation if required.