The NASP Certification "Certified Safety Director" (CSD) indicates a high level of proficiency and is one of the highest levels of certification in the industry. Certified Safety Director level is an indication of a level of proficiency expected of a safety professional who is capable of developing and managing a comprehensive facility-wide or corporate safety program.
* NASP certifications are stand-alone certifications. However, NASP's designations are designed to be achieved in a step by step building block process where each level achieved is a step toward the next higher level.
Obtaining the Certified Safety Director (CSD) certificate requires successful completion of the Certified Safety Manager (CSM) plus the following nine areas of specialization:
1. Confined Space Entry Specialist (CSS)
2. Electrical Safety Specialist (ESS)
3. Hazard Communication Specialist (HCS)
4. Lockout Tagout Specialist (LTS)
5. Personal Protective Equipment Specialist (PES)
6. Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist (VPS)
7. Machine Guarding Specialist (MGS)
8. Fire Protection/Prevention, Exit Routes, & Emergency Plans Specialist (FES)
9. Trenching and Excavation Specialist (TES)
NASP certifications can be represented as in the following ladder:
Who should attend
• Safety & Health Managers
• Safety & Health Directors
• Safety & Health Corporate Managers/Directors
• All Engineering Disciplines
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Develop advanced workplace safety management techniques.
• Discover a brand new perspective of safety that will empower him/her.
• Perform as a safety expert, manager and administrator.
• Learn training methodologies that change the way their employees work.
• Avoid civil and criminal liability for accidents and injuries.
• Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA regulations.
• Establish acceptable analysis and documentation of workplace hazards.
• Manage workplace safety inspections and audits.
• Investigate, analyze and document workplace accidents and root cause analysis.
• Create and manage a successful safety culture using the latest behavior modification techniques.
• Develop, implement, and manage his/her own safety programs, saving the company money.
• Learn requirements with OSHA compliance, workplace safety related EPA guidelines and relevant DOT regulations.
• Manage hazardous materials.
• Learn techniques to prevent workplace violence.
• Develop proper response to emergencies and implement an emergency management program.
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of workplace safety and how to manage safety in his/her workplace, with emphasis on Behavior Based Safety.
The following topics will be presented in the course:
• All the topics of the CSM (Certified Safety Manager)
• Confined Space Entry Specialist (CSS)
• Electrical Safety Specialist (ESS)
• Hazard Communication Specialist (HCS)
• Lockout Tagout Specialist (LTS)
• Personal Protective Equipment Specialist (PES)
• Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist (VPS)
• Machine Guarding Specialist (MGS)
• Fire Protection/Prevention, Exit Routes, & Emergency Plans Specialist (FES)
• Trenching and Excavation Specialist (TES)
Attending the following course is a prerequisite for the Certified Safety Director (CSD):
• “NASP/IASP - USA Certified Safety Manager (CSM)” course. Read more…
• For the participant that will attend the Certified Safety Manager (CSM) and Certified Safety Director (CSD) courses, the courses should be delivered in 7-8 days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
• For the previously Certified Safety Manager (CSM) participant, the course should be delivered in 3 days.
The NASP/IASP – USA Certified Safety Director training course is assessed by a multiple-choice open book assessment on the last day of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the following:
• NASP/IASP - USA Certified Safety Director (CSD) International Certificate and Wallet Completion Card.
• Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt or EHS Training Centre, UAE as applicable.
Note: If the participant attended the CSM and CSD courses then he/she will receive the CSM and CSD International Certificates and Wallet Completion Cards.
There is a re-certification (refresher training) for this course certificate every 3 years. The certification should be refreshed before its expiration date.
* Specific fee is required for the re-certification.
Online: Register Online & Confirm Your Seat Now! (Valid for UAE and Middle East Courses)
Phone: UAE +971509709870 Egypt +201223936397
View Course Schedule and Apply Now!
• The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) can be conducted in English or Arabic based on the trainees’ desires.
• Closing of Registration is 1 week prior to the course start date.
• Course fees cover Course Materials, Course Certificate, Coffee Breaks and Lunch. (Lunch available only in certain Venues)
• In-House training for this course is available upon request and can be customized as per client’s needs.
• EHS can assist and provide corporate rates for the hotel accommodation if required.