With the NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) in Occupational Health and Safety, you will achieve recognition for your health and safety skills and knowledge anywhere in the world and manage work risks effectively.
People throughout the world take the NEBOSH International General Certificate because it gives them vital knowledge and skills to perform better in their role at work and know-how to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organization. Also it is considered to be a first step in a career in health and safety as it provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
The NEBOSH qualification will cover useful practical techniques and not only theoretical.
* NEBOSH Qualification is recognized: Holders of the NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) are entitled to Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH – UK.
Who Should Attend
• Safety Managers
• Safety Directors
• Corporate Safety Managers or Directors
• Safety Engineers/Supervisors/Officers
• Engineers (All Disciplines)
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Understand the scope of occupational health and safety and the requirements for health and safety management systems.
• Understand roles, responsibilities and behavioral risks.
• Build awareness and provide health and safety advice.
• Reduce accidents and illness at work and cut related cost.
• State the legal requirements for risk assessment.
• List when risk assessments must be carried out.
• Understand the purpose of monitoring and auditing.
• Identify the common health, welfare and work environment requirements in the workplace.
• Identify typical workplace hazards and develop suitable control measures for the use of electricity, chemical and biological substances.
• Plan and prepare reports for Safety improvements.
The following are the 3 units that will be presented in the NEBOSH International General Certificate:
* IGC 1: Management of international health and safety
• Foundations in health and safety
• Health and safety management systems – Plan
• Health and safety management systems – Do
• Health and safety management systems – Check
• Health and safety management systems – Act
* GC 2: Control of international workplace hazards
• Workplace hazards and risk control
• Transport hazards and risk control
• Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
• Work equipment hazards and risk control
• Electrical safety
• Fire safety
• Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
• Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
* GC 3: International health and safety practical application
• Practical Project (Risk Assessment)
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but attending the following courses is recommended:
• “IOSH – UK” Managing Safely Training Course. Read more...
The course should be delivered in 10 business days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
• The first course “IGC1” to be delivered in 5 days.
• The second course “GC2” to be delivered in 5 days.
• The third course “GC3” will be a project to be done within 15 days after sitting for the exams.
The NEBOSH Training course is assessed by an exam for 4 hours that should be taken at “The British Council” in Cairo, Egypt. The first paper of the exam will be for “IGC1” and the second one for the “GC2”, each will be 2 hours.
Participant must receive a mark 45/100 in the IGC1 and GC2 exams and a mark 60/100 in the project GC 3 in order to receive the certificates from NEBOSH – UK.
Upon successful completion of the course and receiving the pass mark for the exams, the participant will receive the following:
• NEBOSH - UK International General Certificate (IGC 1, GC2, GC3 certificates) and the main NEBOSH IGC Certificate.
• Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt.
There is no re-certification for this course certificate as it does not have an Expiration Date.
Online: Register Online & Confirm Your Seat Now!
Phone: UAE +971509709870 Egypt +201223936397
View Course Schedule and Apply Now!
• The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) are conducted in English language.
• Closing of Registration is 2 weeks prior to the course start date.
• Course fees cover Course Materials, Course Certificate, Coffee Breaks and Lunch. (Lunch available only in certain Venues)
• In-House training for this course is available upon request and can be customized as per client’s needs.
• EHS can assist and provide corporate rates for the hotel accommodation if required.