The technique of Hazard and Operability Studies, or in more common terms HAZOP, has been used and developed over approximately four decades for “Identifying potential hazards and operability problems” caused by deviations from the design intent of both new and existing process plants.
HAZOP is an abbreviated term for HAZard and OPerability study. It is a technique that identifies the potential hazards and operating issues with the design and construction of equipment and plant and involves the interaction of a multi-disciplinary team.
This course covers the explanation of the HAZOP techniques and how to apply such techniques in the process safety.
Who Should Attend
• Production and Safety Managers
• Process, Safety, Maintenance and Instrumentation's Engineers
• Safety Officers
• Fire and Operations Personnel
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Be familiar with HAZOP Techniques.
• Act as a member of a HAZOP Team.
• Carry out HAZOP Studies.
The following topics will be presented in the course:
• Examples of Major Disaster accidents
• Hazardous Materials (Flammable & Combustible Substances)
• Hazardous Areas
- IEC Standards
- ATEX Directive (EC)
- NEC – USA
- CENELEC (EN)
• Process Safety Management (PSM – OSHA)
• Hazard Identification
• Process Hazard Analysis
• Introduction to HAZOP/Need for HAZOP/What are HAZOPS
• Standard Guide Words
• Intention, Parameters, and Deviation
• Preparation for carrying out HAZOP/HAZOP Team
• Applying HAZOP
• HAZOP Examples
• HAZOP Results/Record keeping
• HAZOP report
• FMEA & Fault Tree
• Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
• Safety Integrated Levels (SIL)
Attending the following courses are the prerequisites for the Hazard & Operability HAZOP course:
• “Oil & Gas Safety & Health Training” course. Read more...
The course should be delivered within 4-5 days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
HAZOP Training course is assessed by a multiple-choice open book assessment as well as case studies assessment on the last day of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the following:
• "National Training Services (NTS) - UK" Hazard and Operability International Certificate and Wallet Completion Card.
• Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt or EHS Training Centre, UAE as applicable.
There is no re-certification for this course certificate as it does not have an Expiration Date.
Online: Register Online & Confirm Your Seat Now! (Valid for UAE and Middle East Courses)
Phone: UAE +971509709870 Egypt +201223936397
View Course Schedule and Apply Now!
• The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) can be conducted in English or Arabic based on the trainees’ desires.
• Closing of Registration is 1 week prior to the course start date.
• Course fees cover the Course Materials, Course Certificate, Coffee Breaks and Lunch. (Lunch available only in certain Venues)
• In-House training for this course is available upon request and can be customized as per client’s needs.
• EHS can assist and provide corporate rates for the hotel accommodation if required.