The importance of effective safety and occupational health training in the oil and gas industry is highlighted by extensively reported examples of major process safety incidents including the 2010 Deep water Horizon oil rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico, the BP Texas Refinery explosion in 2005 and the 1988 Piper Alpha oil platform explosion.
This course is designed for Oil and Gas personnel who have a technical background and needs to expand their knowledge of occupational safety and Health, and fire fighting in this important industry.
Who should attend
• Operations, Maintenance and Process Managers
• Safety & Health Managers
• All Engineers (Operations, Maintenance, Process, Safety, etc.)
• All supervisors and Line Management
• All Fire Fighting Personnel
• All Safety Personnel
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Explain the hazards inherent in oil and gas industry arising from the extraction, storage, and processing of raw materials and products.
• Discuss the safety and occupational Health precaution measures needed for the Oil and Gas Industry.
• Describe the fire protection systems used in the Oil and Gas Industry (Water Cooling, Foam Systems etc.).
• Explain the role of the Process Hazards Analysis in the Oil and Gas Industry (HAZOP Technique).
The following topics will be presented in the course:
• An introduction to:
- History of oil and gas industry, its origin, structure, and key terminologies.
- Extracting and processing of oil and gas.
- Oil refining and gas treatment, transportation, storage, processing and distribution.
• Potential hazards (Fire, Explosion and Release of Toxic Substances) inherent in oil and gas industry.
• Process Safety Management (PSM) - Process Hazard Analysis (PHA - HAZOP Studies).
• Permit to Work System (PTW).
• Confined Space Entry.
• Hydrogen Sulfide Safety for Oil & Gas, Gas Monitoring Apparatus, Respiratory Protection.
• Hazardous Classified Locations (Hazardous Areas) - Installation and Inspection of Electrical Equipment at the Hazardous Areas.
• Welding and Cutting - Welding Under Water - Hot Tapping - Inspection of welding by Radiography.
• HAZMAT (Hazardous Materials) - Department Of Transportation (DOT) Emergency Response Guidebook.
• NFPA # 30 (Flammable and Combustible Materials) - Safe Storage, Separation distances between Tanks, and other facilities.
• Oil and Gas Fire Fighting Facilities - Automatic Foam Systems, Cooling Systems, Bund Walls, etc.
• Emergency Management - Oil and Gas Industry.
The participant must have a Basic understanding of Petroleum Operations and University Degree (Preferably in Engineering or Science) is a prerequisite to attend the course.
Also attending the following courses are the prerequisites for the Oil & Gas Industry Safety & Health course:
• “HAZard OPerability HAZOP” course. Read more…
• “OSHA General Industry Safety & Health Training” course. Read more...
The course should be delivered within 4-5 days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
Oil & Gas Industry Safety & Health Training is assessed by a multiple-choice open book assessment on the last day of the course. Participants must receive a 70% score on the course assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the following:
• OSHAcademy - USA Oil & Gas Industry Safety & Health Certificate and Wallet Completion Card.
• Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt or EHS Training Centre, UAE as applicable.
There is no re-certification for this course certificate as it does not have an Expiration Date.
Online: Register Online & Confirm Your Seat Now! (Valid for UAE and Middle East Courses)
Phone: UAE +971509709870 Egypt +201223936397
View Course Schedule and Apply Now!
• The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) can be conducted in English or Arabic based on the trainees’ desires.
• Closing of Registration is 1 week prior to the course date.
• Course fees cover Course Materials, Course Certificate, Coffee Breaks and Lunch. (Lunch available only in certain Venues)
• In-House training for this course is available upon request and can be customized as per client’s needs.
• EHS can assist and provide corporate rates for the hotel accommodation if required.