The OSHA Construction Industry Safety & Health training is designed to ensure that all Project Engineers/Safety Professionals working in the construction site fields have an understanding of their health and safety responsibilities and to improve their safety performance, with understanding of the OSHA – USA construction safety standards.
* Continuing Education Units (CEU): The Construction Industry Safety & Health training course will qualify for 3 CEUs as part of a professional development program. These points can help students who are going to do Master Degrees or PHD Degrees in Occupational Safety & Health as the hours will be deducted or waived from the required credit hours for the study.
Who should attend
• All Safety Professionals (Supervisors, Officers and Inspectors).
• Safety Directors and Managers.
• Project Engineers and all other engineering disciplines.
• Operations and Maintenance Supervisors and Foremen.
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Understand construction safety & health regulations based on OSHA – USA Standards.
• Understand the safety and health hazards at the construction sites.
• Carry out accident investigations & preventive measures in the construction workplace.
• Understand the safety codes, standards, applicable local laws to promote sound and code compliant construction works practices.
• Understand Safety Policies and Procedures related to Construction Industry.
• Outline fire prevention regulations in the Construction Industry.
The following topics will be presented in the course:
• Overview of Workplace Safety and Health standards codes, Workplace health and safety best practices (OSHA - USA)
• OSHA Focus Four Hazards Falls + Caught in or Between + Struck By + Electrocution
• Specific site issues that challenge Project Engineers on a daily basis
• Supervision of occupational health and safety at the construction sites
• Effective toolbox talks
• Excavation safe work practices
• Crane and Slings Safety – Heavy Equipment Safety
• Scaffolding Safety/Stairways and Ladders Safety
• Demolition Operations
• Steel Erection
• Fire Safety
• Confined Space Entry
• Welding and Cutting
• Safety checks list implementation
• Case Study
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but attending the following courses is recommended:
• “Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health” course.
• “OSHA General Industry Safety & Health Training” course. Read more...
The course should be delivered within 3-5 days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
The OSHA Construction Industry Safety & Health Training course is assessed by a multiple-choice open book assessment on the last day of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the following:
• OSHACADEMY - USA Construction Industry Safety & Health International Certificate and Wallet Completion Card.
• Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt or EHS Training Centre, UAE as applicable.
There is no re-certification for this course certificate as it does not have an Expiration Date.
Online: Register Online & Confirm Your Seat Now! (Valid for UAE and Middle East Courses)
Phone: UAE +971509709870 Egypt +201223936397
View Course Schedule and Apply Now!
• The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) can be conducted in English or Arabic based on the trainees’ desires.
• Closing of Registration is 1 week prior to the course date.
• Course fees cover Course Materials, Course Certificate, Coffee Breaks and Lunch. (Lunch available only in certain Venues)
• In-House training for this course is available upon request and can be customized as per client’s needs.
• EHS can assist and provide corporate rates for the hotel accommodation if required.