The hazards of moving employees and heavy materials require a wide variety of protective measures for employees on the construction sites or Industrial Plants so this training course is designed to teach you about regulatory requirements and safe use for this equipment such as: Cranes, Derricks, …etc. Also the training course covers the safe rigging and slings for proper lifting and safety requirements for specific types of cranes, derricks, hoists, elevators, and conveyors.
Who should attend
• All Safety Professionals (Supervisors, Officers and Inspectors).
• Supervisors with safety and health responsibilities.
• Safety Directors and Managers.
• Project Engineers and all other engineering disciplines.
• Operations and Maintenance Supervisors and Foremen.
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Identify safety requirements pertaining to cranes overhead cranes, and derricks.
• Identify general safety requirements for material hoists, personnel hoists and elevators.
• Identify best practices and techniques for rigging and slings used for proper lifting.
• Carry out proper inspection for all equipment and slings.
• Prepare the proper rigging plans.
The following topics will be presented in the course:
• OSHA new Crane Safety Standard
• General Safety Requirements for all types of cranes
• Cranes Safety Measures
• Cranes Safety Devices
• Cranes Capacity and Load Charts
• Over Head Cranes Safety Measures
• Crane Operations Signals
• Cranes Inspection
• Rigging Plans
• Definition of Rigging
• General Safety Requirements of Rigging
• Rigging Hard wares
• Sling Position (Vertical, Choker, Basket, etc.)
• Different Types of Slings
• Slings Configurations/Slings Angles, etc.
• Slings Inspections
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but attending the following course is recommended:
• “OSHA Construction Industry Safety & Health” course. Read more...
The course should be delivered within 2-3 days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
Cranes and Lifting Safety Training course is assessed by a multiple-choice open book assessment on the last day of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the following:
• OSHAcademy - USA Cranes and Lifting Safety International Certificate and Wallet Completion Card.
• Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt or EHS Training Centre, UAE as applicable.
There is no re-certification for this course certificate as it does not have an Expiration Date.
Online: Register Online & Confirm Your Seat Now! (Valid for UAE and Middle East Courses)
Phone: UAE +971509709870 Egypt +201223936397
View Course Schedule and Apply Now!
• The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) can be conducted in English or Arabic based on the trainees’ desires.
• Closing of Registration is 1 week prior to the course start date.
• Course fees cover the Course Materials, Course Certificate and Coffee Breaks.
• In-House training for this course is available upon request and can be customized as per client’s needs.
• EHS can assist and provide corporate rates for the hotel accommodation if required.