The OSHA Scaffold Competent Person training course is designed to provide the participant with the essential knowledge and skills to become a Scaffold Competent person according to the OSHA Scaffold Standards. Each year, more than 60 workers are killed by falls from scaffolds, about 1 in 5 of the fatal falls in construction. Besides the problems with planks and guardrails. The main causes of injuries and deaths from using scaffolds are poor planning for assembling and taking them apart, missing tie-ins or bracing, loads that are too heavy, and being too close to power lines. Falling objects can hurt people below scaffolds as well.
The course describes the steps that can be taken to reduce the hazards such as falls, failing objects, structural instability, electrocution, or overloading so that the workers are correctly protected.
Who Should Attend
• All Safety Professionals (Supervisors, Officers and Inspectors).
• Construction Engineers, Foremen and Supervisors.
• Scaffold Technician and Inspectors.
Upon the completion of the course, participant will be able to:
• Understand the OSHA Scaffold Standards.
• Identify existing and predictable hazards and eliminate them.
• Inspect scaffolds before and after each workshift and identify the major items to consider when performing the inspection.
• Supervise if a scaffold is assembled, changed, moved or taken apart.
• Specify the general requirements for Frame, Tube / Clamp, and Systems Scaffolding.
• Determine the specific safety rules and steps associated with the erection of Tube & Clamp Scaffolding.
• Conduct safety training to any worker who assembles, takes apart, moves, operates, repairs, maintains, or inspects scaffolds.
The following topics will be presented in the course:
• General Safety requirements of Scaffolds (OSHA Standard).
• Erection and dismantling of Frame Scaffold.
• Erection and dismantling of Tube & Clamps Scaffolds.
• Erection and dismantling of System Scaffold (Cuplock).
• Mobile Scaffolds.
• Suspended Scaffolds.
• Inspection of all types of Scaffolds.
• Calculating Scaffold Loads.
• Practical training on Erection and Dismantling of Scaffolds demolition operations.
Attending the following course is the prerequisite for the Scaffold Competent Person course:
• “OSHA Construction Industry Safety & Health Training” course. Read more...
The course should be delivered within 2-3 days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
The OSHA Scaffold Competent Person Training course is assessed by a multiple-choice open book assessment on the last day of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive the following:
• Scaffold Training Institute - Houston USA - OSHA Scaffold Competent Person International Certificate and Wallet Completion Card.
• Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt or EHS Training Centre, UAE as applicable.
There is no re-certification for this course certificate as it does not have an Expiration Date.
Online: Register Online & Confirm Your Seat Now! (Valid for UAE and Middle East Courses)
Phone: UAE +971509709870 Egypt +201223936397
View Course Schedule and Apply Now!
• The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) can be conducted in English or Arabic based on the trainees’ desires.
• Closing of Registration is 1 week prior to the course date.
• Course fees cover Course Materials, Course Certificate and Coffee Breaks.
• In-House training for this course is available upon request and can be customized as per client’s needs.
• EHS can assist and provide corporate rates for the hotel accommodation if required.